Saturday, February 23, 2013

For the love of dogs...and cats

I am starting to paint for real...ugh, that pesky impending show.
I love painting and drawing animals and periodically do pet portraits, so I am creating a wall space for commissions.

All paintngs for this show are being done with supplies I already have—paint, boards, panels and canvases. I have only had to fill in with white paint and a few new brushes...I hope...

Moosey
5 x 7 oil on cradled wood panel

Frenchie
6 x 6 oil on cradled wood panel

Jazzy
6 x 6 oil on cradled wood panel



Scout
6 x 6 oil on cradled wood panel

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

All very nice! Jazzy is my favorite. Love your lush painting style; I'm trying to learn how to paint in that manner, and it is quite difficult!

ana said...

Me encanta la frescura y como captas la naturaleza de los animales en tu pintura. ¡Magnifico! Un saludo

Melliott said...

The cat is my fave as well. Love the colors you have going on in the white front.

Complete change of topic: I admire the "spatter" you put on many of your watercolors, and have been trying to achieve something similar, but mine just comes out in lashings like arterial spray! Any tips for me? Thanks...

Randall said...

hey Scout what you looking at, want a bone?

Nice portraits Jennifer, keep it up.

~Randall