Friday, March 28, 2008

afternoon walk to Crescent Beach

Crescent Beach is a few miles from my home. We could drive, but we walk. I am always amazed at how beautiful it is all year long. Walking the length of the beach we observe the constantly changing landscape, collect things and jump the three streams that run to the sea. Frustrated when they are running too wide and fast, we manage to find what seems to be the best way across. Many times I will walk the rest of the way home with a wet sneaker.

9 comments:

Alan said...

Another lovely morning picture.

Lydia Velarde said...

lucky....

Lydia Velarde said...

oh, and awesome drawing!

FRANKYE said...

Jennifer, this is just beautiful! The colors, the grass, the shore, sky, water...my reaction was to stop and look at it, and look at it, and...look at it some more. Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

You're doing wonderful things with those old watercolor pencils...

You live in a glorious area...I miss it.

Jennifer Lawson said...

Thank you all for your comments as I explore this new medium.

Thanks Kate,
for checking back on me. I have to admit I am quite fascinated with these pencils and will continue my exploration. Need to figure out what colors (how many) to take when I need to travel light, like hiking and sailing.

Jennifer

Linda T said...

Your sketches are just gorgeous. And the "wet sneaker" part made me chuckle.

Ann said...

Another gorgeous picture. This and your description of your walks makes me so want to be right there:)

Margaret Ann said...

Your stories are as colorful and interesting as your paintings...I just ordered some watercolor pencils...you may have to give me a few pointers!~ :)

Love the shell!