Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My new cat

This wild cat spends evenings in our garden hunting for food. I have also spotted him with a mouse running past the tables in the open-air restaurant across the street. This is his hood. On Thanksgiving he sat on the front step so we tossed him some grouper. He ran when we approached with the fish, but as soon as we walked away he  managed to get up the courage and down on that grouper. He got quite a bit of fish and probably ended up lying on his back with a big full tummy sleeping off his Thanksgiving dinner. He is wild and will never be sleeping at the foot of our bed, but he is a good mouser and I continue to toss him food when we are home. Last night, when I walked out of the kitchen, he was crouched in this Frangipani tree giving me a tiny pitiful meow. Luck was with him as I found a can of sardines. After his snack he took off and watched from his perch on the roof. 

10 comments:

The Victorious place said...

I love this cat picture!!! Great drawing. Ready to pounce.

winna said...

This is wonderful with the look you discribed there and his coloring looks like he has white legs and butterscotchy back---his feline antics sound
perfectly written about

Anonymous said...

That's great - I'm very interested to see how you've done the hatching since I'm on a kind of quest. It works really well and looks much more controlled than mine! The alternating directions work so well on the trunk. I also like the way you've used colour in this one - is it pencil?

Love the pose as well - you've got the shoulders exactly right in that hunched up position!

Sandy said...

He is a lucky fellow to have you in the hood!

Peachtreeart said...

How pleasant it is to have such a wild part of nature a part of your life. Great rendition!

Angie said...

I love your animal drawings - full of character!

Sandy said...

Well I doubt your internet connection will allow it - but - I have an award for you on my blog if you wish to participate!

Timaree said...

Great kitty picture. It sounds like cats don't fare much better than dogs in Bali. What friendship the people are losing out on.

A Brush with Color said...

I love the posture you captured here--fabulous!

jen hook said...

Oh he's cute! I'm really enjoying hearing about Bali, to me it has always just been a place where Australian's go to act like idiots. (yes I'm Australian, I just don't like the way we seem to treat Bali as a drinking and getting unrully destination).