Wednesday, July 23, 2008

lobster buoys

Lobster buoys wash up onto the rocks and beaches all along the coast of Maine. Although I don't collect them myself, many others do, and hang them all around there homes. They are so wonderfully bright and colorful, that of course, I love to paint them. So I either sit in front of people's houses and sketch or I take a snap and scurry on.  This was two of my ten pages done for Nina's Maruman called "Multitude". You can see the progress of our exchange here.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

love the variety of buoys! your colors and shadows are great!

Deb said...

It's great! Love it!!!!

Anne M Bray said...

those purple shadows make it sing!

Dana S. Whitney said...

I'm with Ms. Bray-- the purple shadows are terrific. Did you go to Cape Ann as well?

Linda T said...

Love the colors and super handling of the watercolor. I didn't know they washed up on shore all the time.

Ann said...

Those luscious colors are so wonderful. I kept clicking on the image to enlarge it, so simply stated yet so full of life.

seesue said...

LOve your bouys, love all your sketches!

Donna Mulholland said...

Your work and generous spirit are inspiring so .. I am presenting you with an Arte y Pico Award. If you would like to accept this award please visit my blog and follow the rules, If you choose not to accept, you still rock!

kazumiwannabe said...

That's a great collection! Beautiful, with all these colors...

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh wow. This is really really beautiful. You know, your drawings and paintings give me such a sense of where you live. Not just through lanscapes but through ALL of your drawings. It's not often that happens, I don't think. Great stuff.