Friday, June 8, 2012

Bali days

My Agung is the highest peak and still an active volcano on this island island. It is 3,031 meters (9,944 ft) and the most important temple on Bali, Pura Besakih is located high on its slopes. Much of the time it is covered in clouds, but when the cooler drier westerly winds blow this time of year, it is quite a beautiful sight from where we live. 



We are all waiting for the lotus blossom in the pond to open. Checking on it hourly. Mungkin hari ini (maybe today) or mungkin besok (maybe tomorrow) we shrug as we walk away.

4 comments:

Joan said...

I love your style of painting. Reminds me of Charles Reid, my favorite watercolor artist. May I ask what paper you use and if you paint wet in wet or wet on dry? Do you keep a sketchbook? If so, what brand and what is the weight of the paper?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Margie said...

The lotus blossom is beautiful. Is that watercolor or colored pencils? or both?

Suma CM said...

Love the volcano!

AKB said...

Dear friend I am so happy but now I am sad that you are leaving in 3 weeks as number one son is coming to your island. Please send me a message and paint me a picture.
Plip