Saturday, March 14, 2009

Goodbye Maine

Just before I left the USA, I just had to slop the watercolors around on this crazy Yupo before we got on the plane...hello? This is what Maine will look like when I return, in June, when we enjoy the most beautiful time of year on the Casco Bay. I have arrived in Bali and many of my friends have pointed to my skin and said "putih" which means "white". Well, hell, I've been swathed in black fleece and down for two months in that frozen tundra we call home. 
Time to unpack and get outside...

8 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

Can't wait for all your adventures and wonderful Bali sketches, Jennifer. This is beautiful. Have fun!

Wren said...

Finally catching up on your blog posts. How nice you can get warm in Bali and return to Maine when the weather has turned. Love the "white" comments.. We are all pale here too!! Counting the seconds to warmer weather. Can't wait to see more from Bali! Have a wonderful time!!

Quilt knit said...

So, You will be back in June? What are you doing in Bali? Just painting? or Research?
I am not fond of Yupo or Drafting film. Sticky!
Sherrie Roberts

Robyn Sinclair said...

It's hard to keep up with you Jennifer! I fancy I can smell the thick tropical Bali air myself. Have a wonderful time and please make many sketches.

Margaret Ann said...

Can't wait to see what happens when "Bali meets Yupo"! :)

Spinneretta said...

it seems like you just got back! Well if they think you are pale- they should see me ;) Enjoy the warmth!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Ah, you arrived safe! Well, be happy and let your skin turn brown. Then get out those brushes!

seesue said...

Lovin' your Yummy Yupo's Jennifer!